March 30, 2020
St. John the Baptist Parish –
Number of Coronavirus Cases: 75 and 8 deaths - All being treated in another Parish (Keep in mind, as testing increases, this number will change).
- The East Bank Government Complex, the Garyville Service Center, the Department of Health and Hospitals, Public Works, Utilities, REGALA Gym, all Fire Stations and the Animal Shelter are closed to the public until further notice.
- Residents are advised to email email@example.com or call 985-652-9569 during normal business hours if they need assistance.
- Customers needing to make utility payments are asked to utilize the drop box in the Parking lot of the East Bank Government Complex in LaPlace or on the door at the Garyville Service Center, or online at sjbparish.com (fee waived.)
• All St. John Parish events have been postponed as well as all Recreational activities.
- The Council Office is closed to the public until further notice however staff are still available to assist residents by phone or email during regular operating hours by calling 985-652-1702 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Court/District Attorney/Public Defender Information
- All civil and criminal trial court is suspended until March 30, 2020. The Court office is open M-F 8:30am-1pm.
- The District Attorney office is closed to the public until further notice however, residents can still call the office at 985-652-9757 or visit www.stjohnda.com.
- The Clerk of Court can be reached at 985-497-3331 or by emailing email@example.com.
Registrar of Voters Information
- The St. John Parish Registrar of Voters office is closed to the public until further notice, residents still contact the office at stjohnrova.la.gov or by phone at 985-652-9797.
- Election Information – Rescheduled to Saturday, June 20, 2020, visit www.sos.la.gov for more information.
- The Assessor Office is closed to the public until further notice, however, residents can still call 985-652-5311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All library locations are closed until further notice.
- Library patrons are encouraged to utilize the many digital services available on the library's website at stjohn.lib.la.us.
Council on Aging Information
- St John Council on Aging Senior Centers will be closed through April 13th, 2020.
- Seniors that attended the center will be delivered a meal at home that used COA transportation and those that attended that used their cars can pick their lunch up at the center between 11am -11:45am.
- All other transportation will continue as scheduled: doctor’s appointment, dialysis, etc.
Executive Order by Governor John Bel Edwards
- Governor John Bel Edwards, through Executive Order has required that all gatherings of 50 people or more shall be postponed or cancelled, all casinos, video poker establishments, movie theaters, bars, bowling alleys and fitness centers and gyms, statewide, to cease operations completely.
- Public Schools have also been ordered closed. The Archdiocese has also closed private, Catholic schools.
- All restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops, statewide, shall cease allowing for any on premises consumption of food and beverages, but may continue, take out, drive-thru and delivery services.
- Stay at Home Order in Place by Governor nunless essential.
- These provisions set by the Governor shall remain in place until April 12, 2020 unless terminated earlier.
Small Business Assistance
- The U. S. Small Business Administration has declared that all small businesses in Louisiana are eligible for COVID-19 business assistance. To get started immediately, visit www.SBA.gov/disaster.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses you should do the following:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth or nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or cough and sneeze into your upper arm, not your hands.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces with regular household cleaning sprays or wipes.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home except for essentials.
- Do not gather in groups.
For the most updated information regarding COVID-19:
- Dial 211 Text LACOVID to 898-211
- Visit LA211help.org
- St. John Facebook, Twitter, sjbparish.com., or Government Access Channel (15/99).