Request a Proclamation
Proclamations are provided by the Parish President's Office as a service to St. John the Baptist Parish residents with the goal of honoring and celebrating events or increasing awareness of noteworthy issues among our citizens. These public service documents are strictly honorary and are not legally binding. Proclamations are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The Parish President's Office reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation as well as the right to make exceptions to the Guidelines Procedures for Proclamations. To submit an application for a proclamation, please review the Guidelines below and submit a completed Application for Proclamation Form.
Guidelines and Procedures
- Proclamations should recognize a day or week. The Parish President's Office reserves the right to deny month-long proclamations.
- Proclamations are issued for one date only per request for each calendar year.
- Requests must be submitted using the electronic form below; phone, fax and mail requests will not be honored.
- Any draft language submitted may be edited or revised without notice at the discretion of the Parish President's Office.
- Proclamations must hold significance to St. John the Baptist Parish.
- Proclamations are not issued to honor individuals.
- Proclamations are not issued for anniversaries (of individuals or groups), birthdays, or retirements.
- Proclamations are not automatically renewed. Requests must be made on an annual basis.
- Requests that are similar to already issued proclamations will be denied.
- No proclamations may be used as part of an advertisement or commercial promotion without express permission from the Parish President's Office.
- Issuance of a proclamation does not constitute an endorsement by the Parish President.
- Requests must be submitted 6-8 weeks in advance of the requested delivery date. Requests received less than 2 weeks in advance of the requested delivery date will be denied.
Application for Proclamation Form