Friday, January 12, 2018
St. John the Baptist Parish - The National Weather Service in New Orleans has issued a Freeze Warning from 9 p.m. Friday, January 12, 2018 to 9 a.m., Saturday, January 13, 2018 and a Freeze Watch through Sunday, January 14 at 8:00 am. Please ensure you properly protect plants, pipes, and pets using the tips below:
- All exposed pipes should be insulated and shielded from the wind. The supply line must be protected by wrapping with insulation, newspaper or old clothing. Plyboard, felt roofing, plastic or cardboard can be used for shielding.
- Customers who feel the need to leave water running during freezing weather should only do this during freezing temperatures, on one faucet furthest away from the water main, and turn off water when conditions improve. St. John recommends that water pipes be insulated and shielded as the primary means of protection and that residents only use flushing as a last resort.
- Keep your pets inside with you and your family. Under no circumstances should pet be left outdoors, even if they roam outside during other seasons.
- Keep items that can catch on fire at least three feet away from anything that gets hot, such as space heaters.
- Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Ensure your smoke alarms are working properly.
Please dial 911 to report any issues. Please also visit the homepage of the Parish website at sjbparish.com and click on "Stay Connected" to sign up for Parish emergency alerts.