Tuesday, October 27, 2020 - Noon
- St. John is under Hurricane and Storm Surge Warnings.
- Tropical Storm Zeta is expected to re-strengthen into a hurricane and bring multi-hazard threat to the area Wednesday into Wednesday night including: 2-4 feet of storm surge in Lake Pontchartrain; 2-4 inches of rain and sustained tropical storm-force winds with hurricane-force gusts.
- Have a plan ready by Wednesday morning.
- Gather emergency supplies including flashlights, non-perishable food, water and batteries.
- Secure outdoor items and decorations in advance of strong winds.
- Remove debris/trash near catch basins and unclog drains.
- Prepare for loss of power.
Sandbags sites are open until weather permits:
- St. John Community Center
- Railroad Avenue Fire Station (near Riverside Academy)
- Ezekiel Jackson Park
- Juan Anthony Joseph Memorial Park
- Wallace Fire Station
- Lucy Fire Station
- Pleasure Bend Fire Station
Pre-filled sandbags for elderly and disabled:
(Limit 10 pre-filled)
- 425 Captain G. Bourgeois, LaPlace
- Sjbparish.com, Government Access Channel (15/99), Facebook & Instagram.
- Text SJPWEATHER to 888-777.