Wednesday, October 28, 2020 – 5:00 p.m.
- St. John is under Hurricane & Storm Surge Warnings, Flood & Tornado Watches.
- Zeta made landfall as Category 2 Hurricane near Cocodrie, La.
- Strong, damaging winds with hurricane gusts that could down power lines and trees and cause power outages, 4-6 inches of rain possible and storm surge of 3 – 5 feet are possible.
- Metro Service Group will start waste collection after 8:00 a.m. Thursday, October 29, 2020. Please secure carts during Zeta but place back on the curb before 8:00 a.m.
- The Parish has a shelter of last resort open for residents whose homes cannot withstand high winds.
- Residents in need of a shelter can go to the East St. John Preparatory Gymnasium located at 400 Ory Dr., LaPlace, LA 70068.
- Residents are responsible for their transportation to and from the shelter.
- Residents should bring anything they need including food, clothing, bedding, and medicine.
- For more information please contact the Emergency Operations Center at 652-2222.
- Report an outage to Entergy by texting OUT to 36778, download the free Entergy APP, call 800-9-OUTAGE.
- Sjbparish.com, Government Access Channel (15/99), Facebook & Instagram.
- Text SJPWEATHER to 888-777.