St. John the Baptist Parish Housing Authority
LaPlace Development Waitlist Opening
The St. John the Baptist Parish Housing Authority (SJBPHA) will officially re-open the Public Housing waiting list on Monday, May 20, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. and close Monday, May 27, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. for the LaPlace development only. Applications are be accepted for one, two and three-bedroom units. The SJBPHA will not offer preferences, and the waitlist will be managed through a computer system.
Applications will not be accepted at the Housing Authority office. Paper applications will not be available and applicants will not be able to apply in person.
Who is Eligible?
· The family must be eligible for a one, two and three-bedroom unit according to SJBPHA’S occupancy standards
· Eligibility is based on household income, citizenship, and the ability of the family to meet screening requirements.
· SJBPHA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, familial status or disability.
How to Apply
1. Obtain Application: Pre-application forms may be accessed on St. John the Baptist Parish Website by clicking on one of the following links under the Housing Authority link:
Important: If you are a person(s) with disabilities that limits your ability to access the online pre-application process, please contact the SJBPHA 985-359-9037 to request a reasonable accommodation.
The SJBPHA will verify that the limitations imposed by the disability require the requested accommodation. If SJBPHA determines the limitations imposed by the disability do not require a request for accommodation, your application will not be accepted.
Placement on the Waiting List
· Pre-applications will be reviewed to ensure that the applicant family qualifies for the housing available for the particular bedroom size.
· Once you are placed on the waiting list, waiting time is determined by applicant order on the waiting list.
St. John Parish Housing Authority
152 Joe Parquet Circle, LaPlace, LA 70068
Phone: 985-652-9036 Fax: 985-651-0738
|T. Henderson||Executive Director||3100|
|S. Francis||Housing Supervisor||3103|
|A. Leffall||Public Housing||3105|
|T. Chevalier||Section 8||3106|
|J. McKinley||Maintenance Facility Manager||3111|
|L. Collins||Administrative Program Specialist A||3112|